"The illustrations in the children's book invite the child in; the words invite him
to stay, and to come back again." E. Roberts

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I have been designing the pages for "After you are asleep." in my dreams. It must be time to work on that children's book. It is a story...well poem I wrote for my daughter Jessalynn several years ago. It is about how I miss so much of her as I rush around her and away from her working and going to school during the day, and that after she is asleep it is too late. I think it is timely and relevant with more and more families having to have all parents working. I really want to do the pictures in pastels (chalk). I used to be pretty good with charcoal and pastels, but I am out of practice and a little intimidated. I am hoping I can pull off what I envision.

No comments:

Post a Comment