"The illustrations in the children's book invite the child in; the words invite him
to stay, and to come back again." E. Roberts

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father Day! I am going to spend the next few hours being creative with my husbands fathers day dinner.

Friday, I met with my illustrating group for a final goodbye, since one of our members is moving away and the group is disbanding. Diane, my friend who is moving is the person I stole the quote at the top of my page from. It was on her e-mail. She also gave me the inks and air brush paints that were used for the base color on the gourd in this picture.

Today, I spent the morning creating this gourd instrument for an example, for my class that I am teaching tomorrow. The dyes Diane gave me worked perfectly! My students are going to be thrilled that they go on so easily and are so bright.

A family friend read my blog yesterday and sent this advice:
The best course I ever took in writing pointed out that the best magazine on the market, Time, had sentences with a maximum of about eight words. They suggested one write in short easily understandable sentences. The second point they made was to write as you would speak. Don't go for fancy sentence construction. Again, keep it simple. The last important point was to realize that any project you undertook to write about was going to take you as long to write and rewrite as it did to do the project. I found that if I wrote something and put it in a drawer for six days, it read like poor nonsense when I took it out and reread it. Rewrites are necessary!
Hope this may help.

Thank you for the advice, Bill, and for taking the time to read my blog and send me feedback!

Tonight I am hoping to work some more on my fourth of the July illustration and maybe finish a poem on foster care I started last week. I am also trying to figure out how to add my writing to the blog in such a way that you can click on titles and see all of it, but if you don't click on the titles, the writing isn't taking up all the space. I know I once knew how to do this.

Thanks for taking the time to check in today. What projects are you working on?-Kassy

No comments:

Post a Comment