"The illustrations in the children's book invite the child in; the words invite him
to stay, and to come back again." E. Roberts

Sunday, November 11, 2012

So yesterday was the first day back to working on my projects since I shattered my ankle. I drew the layouts for the new website for my husband. I am really excited to finally get that project going. I also laid out the cover for the new magazine and planned the layout for the inside. Basically story boarded what would be on each page. I had this basically laid out, before the accident, in my head with all the pictures taken and video recorded. Now I am laying out what goes where. Video? Yes, each project in the magazine also has a online video connection, so readers can watch the artisans at work.  The magazine is a really fun project for me. It is going to span all my favorite subjects: teaching, writing, illustrating,crafting, face/body painting, and street vending. Did you know that all those things go together? They do when you call the magazine 'Vending Magazine". It is basically a craft magazine where I get to feature different vendors and artisans who are selling their wares in all kinds of venues.  We show readers how we make it, create it, or publish it. It is also the only magazine in the U.S. that will have face painting and body painting instructions.(at least that I have found) I am constantly asked questions about how I do that. I'm going to show people how. The first edition revolves around Florence, OR and Fairies. I will show how to make tutu's, fairy hair braids, and paint fairy faces. There is also interviews with the youngest vendor and an article on a group of College students who have created a company to help pay for college expenses, by painting drum sticks. You will be really impressed with the job, "Voodoo Stx" is doing. The hardest part for me is finishing what I begin, so I'd better get back to work.

Side note-remember that it is National Novel Writing Month! I would recommend going to www.nanowrimo.org and signing up to track your writing. I have over 50 students taking the challenge to write this month. Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment