"The illustrations in the children's book invite the child in; the words invite him
to stay, and to come back again." E. Roberts

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wow! It has been over a year since my last post.( I feel like this is confession, from movies I have seen. ) I have had a very busy year and I am terrible with keeping up on technology. I need to get better. I attended the SCBWI, conference in Portland recently and I have to say almost every speaker discussed how keeping up with technology has helped them with book sales and promotion.

 I have not published anything of my own in the last year. I have been working with children and have helped several children publish books. They will be at the Florence Folk Festival in January signing books. If you are in Florence, OR come see what the students have done. As a teacher I love seeing their excitement when they finish a project.

I have been doing a lot of illustrating on crafts and have started several writing projects. One project that I am really excited about is a new Vending Magazine. I had hoped to have volume one out already, but an accident has delayed its publication. Apparently I don't know how to walk and I shattered my ankle in September. I broke it in three places. It will now set of alarms where ever I go. I am recovering well but today is the first day back to being creative, or getting on my computer at home. Wish me luck! I have tons of catching up to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment